Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 150 g organic dark cooking chocolate
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tspn gelatine powder
- 1/2 tspn vanilla bean paste
- 2 Tbls creme de menthe (for the bottom layer)
- 2 Tbls caster sugar (for the bottom layer)
- 300 ml water (for the bottom layer)
- 2 tspn gelatine powder (for the bottom layer)
- 1/4 cup hot water
1. To make the bottom layer, combine water, sugar and crème de menthe in jug. Sprinkle gelatine over the boiling water in a small heatproof bowl or cup. Stir until dissolve. Cool slightly and stir into the crème de menthe mixture. Strain the mixture and divide among glasses and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
2. Place cream in a medium saucepan and cook on low heat until just warm (do not boil). Add chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts. Stir in the milk, sugar and vanilla bean paste. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes until the mixture is smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle gelatine powder and stir until combined. Strain the chocolate mixture. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Divide mixture among the prepared glasses. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set. Garnish with chocolate shapes.
Note: To make the chocolate shapes, melt 80g of white chocolate in the microwave on high. Sprinkle 2 tsps. of green powder food coloring. Mix until combined. Cool. Place chocolate in a piping bag. Line a tray with baking paper and pipe shapes onto the baking paper. Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set.
Leave a Review
Such a delicious and indulgent blend!
Sarah that is amazing,beautiful,pretty,simply the best.
So beautiful and mouthwatering!
So different! wow!