Rated 4.94 out of 5 based on 9 votes
- 1 cup organic white quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 x red onion, small dice
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup firm ripe mango, diced
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 20 g butter
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 2 Tbls lemon juice
- 20 x green prawns, deveined, tails intact
1. Combine water and quinoa in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine mango, onion and pomegranate arils in a large bowl. Add quinoa. Stir in coriander leaves, olive oil and lemon juice. Season. Toss to combine. Place in the refrigerator until required.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large non-stick fry pan. Cook prawns on medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until prawns begin to turn pink or until cooked through. Season. Serve prawns on skewers with quinoa salad.
Leave a Review
The prawns goes really well with the quinoa salad. Really healthy and delicious! Great for summer.
I will add your recipe in my book.
I love a good quinoa salad! This looks fantastic
Thank you, Melissa!