Rated 4.17 out of 5 based on 3 votes
- 400 g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbls vegetable oil
- 1 x brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups arborio ricc
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 125 g baby spinach leaves
- 3 Tbls itilian parsley leaves,chopped
- 1 Tbls butter
- 4 Tbls pine nuts, roasted
- 1 handful shaved parmesan to serve
- 1/4 tspn pepper
- 1 splash white truffle oil
1) Pre heat fan forced oven to 180c
2) Heat vegetable oil on cook top on medium heat in oven proof pan/dish
Add onion & cook for 3 minutes & then add garlic for further 2 minutes continusley stiring
3)Turn heat to high & add rice & stir for 1 minuteThen add mushrooms & keep stiring for about 3 minutes or until soft & then add wine & bring to the boil.
At the same time in another pan boil the vegetable stock.
4) Add the vegetable stock to rice & mushrooms, cover with lid & transfer to pre heated 180c oven
5) While risotto is cooking, dry roast pine nuts in fry pan on medium heat until golden brown continually moving around the pan, then remove from heat.
6) Remove risotto from oven, stir in baby spinach,chopped parsley,pine nuts,pepper & butter. Taste & season with rock salt if required, replace lid( Remember!! it’s hot, I didn’t)
& let stand for 2-3 minutes
7) Serve up on warmed plates & drizzle with white truffle oil & top with shaved parmesan
Leave a Review
I had never had risotto baked in the oven but this one was a good first
This looks good Den. Yum!
Truffle oil is magical nectar from the Gods sent to make everything delicious.