Rated 5 out of 5 based on 5 votes
- 1 x whole chicken (about 1.8kg)
- 1 Tbls sweet paprika
- 1 x lemon
- 2 x cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 2 Tbls olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Wash the chicken and the cavity. Pat dry with paper towel. Squeeze half a lemon and rub all over the chicken. Squeeze the other half in the cavity. Place both lemon halves into the chicken cavity. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
2. Rub the chicken with garlic, then coat with olive oil and sprinkle all over with paprika and salt.
3. Place a wire rack over a roasting tray. Place the chicken breast-side up and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn breast side down and cook for another 15 minutes. Then turn breast-side up again and lower heat to 180 degrees Celsius. Baste generously with the pan juices and cook for a further 30 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer.
Stand covered for 10 minutes. Serve with roast vegetables. Garnish with fresh thyme.
This chicken stuffed with lemon and flavored with paprika is enjoyable served hot or cold with a salad.
Leave a Review
Sarah must be delicious
It was delicious Anna and it’s so easy and simple to make! Thanks.
This is a great recipe. The chicken was moist and delicious!