Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour (pastry)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar mixture (pastry)
- 150 g butter, chilled, chopped (pastry)
- 1 x egg yolk (pastry)
- 2 Tbls chilled water (pastry)
- 2 x eggs (passionfruit filling)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar (passionfruit filling)
- 150 g unsalted butter (passionfruit filling)
- 2 tspn finely grated lemon rind (passionfruit filling)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (passionfruit filling)
- 3 x passion fruit, halved and just the pulp and juice used (passionfruit filling)
- 150 g dark chocolate (chocolate topping)
- 1 cup cream (chocolate topping)
Process flour, icing sugar mixture and butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add yolk and chilled water. Process until dough just comes together. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 24cm (base) round, loose-based fluted flan tin. Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Line pan with pastry. Trim excess. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Then blind bake with beans or pastry weights on top of baking paper until the pastry is golden about ten minutes. Then remove weights or beans and bake a further ten minutes.
To make Passion fruit filling: Whisk eggs, sugar, lemon rind, lemon juice, and passion fruit pulp in a bowl. Place this is a saucepan over a low flame and stir until all the sugar is dissolved. Add the butter in small cubes and stir until the mixture thickens then remove from the stove. Pour into the tart base leaving room for the next dark chocolate layer. Place in the fridge until the filling is set.
In a double boiler or a bowl resting above water in a saucepan, mix chocolate and cream until well combined. Pour on top of passion fruit filling, return to fridge to set.
Leave a Review
total taste sensation!