Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 4 x egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tspn cornflour, sifted
- 1 tspn white vinegar
- 1 Tbls icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup double cream
- 2 x peaches, peeled, stones removed, chopped
- 1 x mango, peeled, flesh cut from stone, chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
1. Preheat oven to 170C degrees. Grease and line base and sides of a Swiss roll pan. Make sure paper overhangs above rim of long side of pan. If you don’t have a Swiss roll pan, you can use a lamington pan.
2. Beat egg whites using an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Add caster sugar gradually, beating constantly until thick and glossy.
3. Fold through cornflour and vinegar until just combined. Spread evenly onto prepared pan.
4. Bake for 8 minutes or until just firm. Oven temperature varies so check if you need to bake it for a further minute or two.
5. Line a clean tea towel with baking paper and sift over extra caster sugar. Invert meringue onto paper, peel away baking paper from meringue and set aside to cool completely.
6. Whisk or stir mascarpone, cream and caster sugar in a bowl until smooth. Spread over cooled meringue, leaving a centimetre border around meringue.
7. Top with peaches and mangoes.
8. Using baking paper as a guide, starting from the short side, roll meringue to form a log. Wrap baking paper and tea towel around roulade and refrigerate for at least an hour.
9. Transfer roulade to a platter and just before serving, sprinkle chopped pistachios and the fresh mint sprigs on top.