Rated 5 out of 5 based on 5 votes
- 1 x pizza base, preferably wood fired
- 2 x large tmatoes
- 1 x small clove garlic
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1/2 x small tin pineapple (pineapple pieces, not slices)
- 5 x cornichons, sliced thinly lengthways
- 1 x spring onion (shallot), chopped finely
- 1 x 2.5cm piece from cheezly vegan cheese, crumbled or grated
- 1 x salt and pepper
To make the fresh passata:
• Wash the tomatoes and halve. Carve out the bit that stalks go in.
• Place a vegetable grater into a small pot and grate the tomatoes.
• Add the crushed garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
• Cook over medium heat and let it cool.
To prepare the topping:
• Preheat the oven to 220C°.
• Remove pizza base from its package and place on a lightly greased baking tray.
• Spread the passata evenly over the pizza base, sprinkle the vegan cheese leaving a 2cm border around the edge, then pile on the pineapple pieces, cornichons and shallots.
• Drizzle a little olive oil over the pizza before cooking.
• Place the pizza in the oven and cook for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
• Remove pizza carefully from the oven, cut into 6 slices and enjoy.
Leave a Review
Colourful. Love it!
Thank you Rebecca
Looks really tasty.
Thank you Emma
Interesting mixture of ingredients. Thank you for the recipe.
You’re welcome. Thank you for stopping by Steve.