Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 x onion, thinly sliced
- 1 x large potato, cut into 5cm cubes
- 2 x carrots, cut into 5mm cubes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 x thin italian veal sausages
- 6 x thin italian pork sausages
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup veal of beef stock
- 1 x polenta
- 150 g fontina cheese, diced
- 90 g gorgoonzola cheese, diced
- 50 g grated parmesan
- 15 g unsalted butter, diced
Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan on low. Cook onion for 10 mins, until soft and lightly browned. Add potato, carrot and garlic and cook for 2 mins, until starting to soften.
Increase heat to medium, add sausages and cook, turning, for 5-7 mins, until browned on all sides. Add wine and simmer for 2-3 mins, until reduced by half. Add stock and simmer for 20 mins, until sausages are cooked. Season.
Meanwhile, spread one-third of polenta over base of a large shallow bowl. Top with half each of fontina, Gorgonzola, parmesan and butter.
Repeat layers once more, finishing with polenta. Cover and set aside for 10 mins, until polenta is firm and cheese has melted.
Serve with sausages.
In each serve 3877 kilojoules, 41g protein, 60g total fat (27g sat fat), 52g carbohydrate (4g sugar), 7g fibre, 2586mg sodium.