Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tspn dried chilli flakes
- 55 g anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 kg baby octopus
- 1 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 Tbls capers, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/4 cup white wine
- 800 g canned cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 x quantity cooked polenta
Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Cook onion, garlic and chilli for 5 mins, until onion is soft. Add anchovies and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins, until dissolved. Add octopus and cook, turning, for 5 mins, until seared all over. Stir through olives and capers.
Increase heat to high. Add wine, bring to boil and cook for 2-3 mins, until reduced by half. Stir through tomatoes and season. Cover and cook for 40 mins. Remove lid and simmer for another 20 mins, until sauce has thickened and octopus is very tender.
Scatter over parsley and serve with polenta.
In each serve 2711 kilojoules, 43g protein, 29g total fat (5g sat fat), 48g carbohydrate (7g sugar), 6g fibre, 2297mg sodium.
Tip:For more flavoursome polenta, swap the 6 cups water you cook it in with 4 cups fish stock and 2 cups milk. For a lighter flavour, use 3 cups each water and milk.