Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 6 tspn dry sweet paprika
- 1-1.5 kg lean pork(cut to bite sizes )
- 1/2 cup oil for fry
- 3 x brown onion(finely chopped)
- 2 L carrots(cut 1/2 cm high into circle)
- 3 cloves garlic(crushed)
- 2 tspn caraway seeds(very fine grinded )
- 2 pinches of black pepper ( to season optionial)
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 -2 Tbls tomato sauce or bbq sauce
- 1-2 Tbls dry marjoram( crushed in your palm )
- 1 pinch chilli powder ( optionial )
1)Combine flour and paprika and put into plastic bag, add the meat and cover well.
2)In medium pan heat …..2tablespoon of oil,add the half of meat in and fry all over.Repeat with remaining meat.Transfer into slow-cooker.
3)In same pan heat …..bit of oil,add onion and fry until slightly brown,add garlic and caraway seeds cook 1minutes.Put all this into slow cooker.Then add carrots,stock, tomato sauce or bbq sauce,(chilli powder optional ),marjoram and gently stir.Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours.Taste and see,if anything need to be added.
4)Serve with dumplings,or rice or pasta or potatoes.