Rated 4.92 out of 5 based on 6 votes
- 4 x large potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced (i used mandoline)
- 60 g butter, melted
- 2 x red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 x large red capsicum, diced
- 2 x cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tspn italian herbs
- 1/2 cup mozarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Combine capsicum, onion, garlic and Italian herbs in a large bowl. In another large bowl, combine the 3 cheeses.
3. Lightly grease a large baking dish with olive oil. Place a layer of sliced potato into the base of the baking dish. Brush with melted butter, place another layer of potato then top with 1/4 cup of capsicum mixture. Season with salt and pepper and top with 1/4 cup of combined cheeses. Repeat layers, ending with potato, sprinkle the remaining capsicum mix and top with remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until golden and tender. Garnish with Italian parsley. Serve immediately.
*I used Desiree potatoes for this recipe but you can use any type of potatoes that you like.
Leave a Review
Sarah that looks very yummy.This dish is always delicious.I make similar.
I cooked this last night and it was so delicious. I didn’t have mozarella so I added more cheddar cheese. Great recipe!
This recipe is a great winter warmer. I can eat this anytime of the day. I added zucchini to this recipe.