Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 1 kg peeled and cooked potato
- 500 g plain flour
- 3 x eggs
- 1 tspn salt
- 2 x frozen chopped spinach(250g each)
- 1 x brown onion(finely chopped)
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 kg european style sausages kransky (cut to small pieces and fry in pan 15 min. )
- 4 x extra brown onion ( finely chopped and fry until gold )
- 3 Tbls corn flour
- 200 ml water
- 1 pinch black pepper
1)In bigger bowl mix cooked grated potato,flour,eggs and salt,make dough.Dust bench with flour and roll out the dough to oblong,1 cm high.Cut squares and put on each in the middle 1 Tbspn. of Kransky.(cold )Press all sides together and keep on dusted bench with flour.
2)In saucepan boil water and put the dumplings in.Stir carefully and slowly cook them.When they float on the surface the are cooked.(10 – 15 min.)
3)In pan heat oil and put in 1 chopped onion and fry until lightly gold.Add spinach,season with salt and black pepper and cook until done.In 200 ML water mix corn flour and pour half in spinach,make it thicker,if the spinach is still running put more corn flour with water.Taste and see,if anything need to be added.
4)In another pan heat oil,add 4 brown very finely chopped onions and fry until gold.
5) Cut dumplings in half arrange them on a plate,with spinach and put on each gold fried onion.
PS.This recipe is very yummy.It takes a little work,but it’s worth it.