Rated 4.33 out of 5 based on 9 votes
- 24 x fresh prawns (cooked for two minutes over high heat)
- 1 x ruby red grapefruit (segmented)
- 3 x baby fennel (thinly sliced and fronds reserved)
- 2 x radish (sliced into batons)
- 1 x avacado (roughly diced)
- 10 x sundried tomatoes
- 3 x spring onions (sliced on the diagnal)
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 tspn sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbls black sesame seeds
This is a great salad, really caputres the freshness of summer and showcases the beautiful prawns that are on offer.
Works equally well as a healthy, quick midweek dinner, an elegant, refined Sunday lunch or even downsizing to create a starter for that dinner party on a warm summer evening.
1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. When segmenting grape fruit do so over the bowl to capture the juice of the grapefruit.
2. Toss ingredients together and dress with olive oil and sherry vinegar.
3. Plate up individual servings and garnish with fennel fronds and sesame seeds.
Leave a Review
This sounds delicous — I will try that without the prawns
I will make tomorrow this for lunch.Thank you for recipes.
Mmm that looks yummo!
Stuart, I love your work! Another great recipe. I might try this one as a Christmas dish.
Thanks Sara. It would be a perfect dish for a hot Christmas day!
Looks yum, will have to try it.
Fantastic Salad, the flavours complemented each other perfectly. You should be proud of yourself Stuart.
This looks delicious!!
Tasted this treat on Christmas Day….. simple yet sensational!
Looks so refreshing and colourful