Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 100 g butter
- 1 cup raw caster sugar
- 140 g apple puree
- 500 g mixed fruit (including prunes, dates, any type of fruit you like)
- 1 cup mashed cooked pumpkin
- 2 tspn cinnamon
- 2 tspn mixed spice
- 2 x eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
1. Melt butter with sugar and apple puree over a low heat in a saucepan big enough to mix all ingredients. Take off the heat and add in the pumpkin and cinnamon/mixed spice and then the dried fruit.
2. Leave to cool about 10-15 minutes.
3. Add in the beaten eggs and stir well. Then sift in the flour and baking powder. Mix thoroughly as you don’t want to find any pockets of flour.
4. Line a square baking tin 20x20cm lined with 2 layers of paper.
5. Bake in a preheated 170C/340F oven for at least 50 minutes.
6. Remove cake from oven and if you want to use Brandy then pour about ¼ cup over the cake. Leave to cool in the tin.
Leave a Review