Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 600 g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 x chorizo sausages, sliced
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 60 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 x onion, diced finely
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbls olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a baking tray and place cubed pumpkin into tray, drizzle with small amount of olive oil and place in oven for 20 mins or until cooked.
2. Place chicken stock in a saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover.
3. Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan over medium heat. Add sliced chorizo and cook for 2 mins until rendered down slightly. Add onion and cook until translucent.
4. Add rice to chorizo and onion mixture and stir to coat in this oil mixture.
5. Add white wine to rice mixture and stir until liquid is absorbed.
6. Add chicken stock to this mixture, one ladle at a time (3/4 cup), stirring until absorbed after each addition. Continue until rice is tender. This will take approx 25-35 mins.
7. Once rice is cooked, fold in pumpkin, spinach and walnuts. Serve.
Leave a Review
Carole the risotto looks yummy.
Thank you Anna. Your dishes look fantastic too!
This was delicious, sweet, salty and crunchy