Rated 4.92 out of 5 based on 6 votes
- 12 x queensland scallops (no roe) with shells
- 3 x corn cobs
- 2 cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 1 x finely diced piece of garlic
- 1 x vanilla pod
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 x small jar salmon roe
- 4 x finger limes
- 1 pinch murray river salt flakes
- 1 pinch freshly cracked pepper
1. Clean scallops (removing membrane) and shells. Rinse scallops under water and pat dry with absorbent paper and leave covered to the side.
2. Bring chicken stock and garlic to boil and add corn. Cook until soft and tender.
3. Remove corn from saucepan and cut niblets off and blend with ¼ cup of remaining boiled chicken stock until smooth consistency.
4. De-seed Vanilla pod and add into corn puree as well as a pinch of salt and and freshly cracked pepper.
5. Cut Finger limes in half (can come in many colours) and remove lime crystals (citrus caviar) carefully into a dish and set aside.
6. Sear scallops in olive oil in a hot pan for approx 1 minute and then turn and cook other side for 30 seconds. Place on cleaned shells (3 per plate).
7. Melt butter and add a pinch of salt and chives at last minute (to keep really green) and set aside.
8. Top the scallops with a teaspoon of chive butter and then a teaspoon of vanilla corn puree.
9. Top corn puree with a ¼ teaspoon of salmon roe and place 3 small amounts of citrus caviar around the top of the scallop shell and enjoy the delicate balances of sweet, saltiness and citrus of this truly Mighty Maroon Entree!!
Leave a Review
I loved the vanilla in the corn and thought the scallops were still the star of the dish.
So yum omg!!
What a beautiful combination of delicious flavours. I served this recipe as an entree tonight, and it certainly received a lot of positive comments.
Have made this recipe and its absolutely gorgeous.
Can’t wait to cook this myself!
Beautiful for any occasion I didnt wait to have one.
Citrus is very refreshing with the scallops..a real treat