Rated 5 out of 5 based on 5 votes
- 3 L eggs(lightly beaten just with fork) )
- 250 ml caster sugar
- 1 x 600 ml thickened cream
- 2 -3 cups self - raising flour
- 3/4 cups sultanas or fruit in tin ( any )optinal
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 x oil in spray
1)Preheat oven 170 C / 160 C fan – forced.
2) In bigger bowl mix with wooden spoon: flour,sugar,eggs,cream and sultana and at the end if you like it fruit you can fold in to,but must be strained.( no juice from or sirup ),if the mixture is to running put more flour.
3) Spray a 22 cm fluted ring pan and dust it with bread – crumbs. Pour the mixture in and bake in oven about 55 – 60 minutes.
Or put in a skewer and when come dry the cake is done.
3)Then the cake from oven,put on a plate , turn over and put on cold wet tea towel,easy get the cake out from.Wait 5 minutes. Dust with icing sugar mixed with vanillin sugar.
Leave a Review
This looks yummy! I love fruit cake of any sort! love the idea of using cream in the mixture! Would make it very moist
Hi Janette.The cake is really very soft and I have one recipe where I add instead eggs mayonnaise,but i did not try yet.One day I do it.