Rated 5 out of 5 based on 6 votes
- 2 x 420g creamed corn
- 1 x (about 420g) chicken breast fillet
- 2 L chicken stock or water
- 1 x brown onion diced
- 1 Tbls sesame oil
- 1 Tbls sugar (optional)
- 1 Tbls sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 x eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbls fish sauce
- 4 x spring onions, slice into 2cm
1. Place the chicken and chicken stock with 200ml of water in a large pot. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove chicken breast from the poaching liquid and let it cool for a few minutes. Shred the chicken. Set aside.
2. Add the creamed corn to the stock and stir for 2 minutes. Add the onion,sambal oelek, shredded chicken, fish sauce and sugar, cook stirring, occasionally for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes. Gradually pour the eggs into the soup, stirring constantly. Add the sesame oil and half of the spring onion. Cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt. Remove from heat and add the remaining spring onion. Ladle soup among bowls and serve with crusty bread.
Leave a Review
Sarah that soup is very nice,special now,when is little bit cooler weather.We all like it this stile of soup.I will make it for sure.Thank you for this recipe.
Yes, Anna, it’s a great winter warmer! Thanks.
Yum, I love chicken & corn soup. Perfect for these cold days.
We love it too, Carole. Thank you.
So easy to make and a great winter warmer!
My daughter really enjoyed this soup. She had 2 bowls!
lovely healthy food and perfect presentaion
Sambal Oelek was wofffff