Rated 3.75 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 1.5 cups chicken or veggie stock
- 1 x orange (rind and juice)
- 1 cup parsley or herbs from the garden
To be honest, I’ve always hated quinoa – it’s a hard word to say, it’s hard to spell, but for a while there every food lover I know was raving about it. People call it superfood but I had never thought it was super – just boring, tasteless, and too bloody healthy but not in a good way.
But I persevered… and discovered that if you make the quinoa with a lovely stock it tastes much less than quinoa and much more like stock. Eureka!
I made this salad which I thought tasted delicious. We had it with roast lamb. My husband still isn’t convinced though unfortunately.
1. add the quinoa to delicious stock, with the juice of an orange, bring to the boil and then simmer until cooked (about 20 mins).
2. fluff up the quinoa with a fork and a splash of olive oil
3. add in orange rind, cranberries, walnuts and parsley, and mix
Leave a Review
I’m not convinced either.
I disagree! Quinoa’s the bomb. Five stars!
I’m a quinoa convert and this recipe looks amazing – I’ll never eat cous cous again!
Ive been reading a lot about quinoa , its time I give it a go. Love the combination of ingredients and flavours.
My husband loves quinoa, luckily! This recipe sounds good bu I think you forgot to add the cranberries. Can you give us the measurement for that?