Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 500 g beef eye fillet
- 4 cloves garlic - finely diced
- 2 Tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs rosemary - chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley - roughly chopped
- 1 pinch finely sliced spanish onion
- 1 x roama tomato - sliced into wedges
- 1 handful cucumber - roughly chopped
- 1 handful salted cashews
- 1 handful red capsicum - finely sliced
Truss the beef fillet with kitchen twine, and then place in a ziplock bag with the olive oil, garlic, rosemary and salt, marinate in the fridge for 1 day.
Remove the fillet from the fridge 1 hour prior to cooking. Heat a fry pan, or BBQ hot plate until very hot, and brown all sides of the meat, once browned place in an ovenproof dish and roast at 220 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes, remove from the oven and rest for 30 minutes.
Whilst the beef is resting toss all other ingredients in a bowl.
Serves 2 (with meat left over for sandwiches the next day)
Leave a Review
oh I have some roast beef left overs! on a hot day like to day it will become a cold salad so I will give your salad element a go for lunch today! We are safe, but it is a worry today
I hope you continue to stay safe, in the forecast upcoming heat
today is smokey after all the fires around after tuesday ….
I made the salad and had to leave out the tomato for me as my tum is not happy with tomato the rosemary and cashews made it! Thank you!