Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 8 votes
- 2 kg red braised pork neck (see my other recipe)
- 4 x eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 80 g butter, melted
- 250 g plain flour
- 5 tspn baking powder
- 1 tspn salt
- 2 tspn caster sugar
- 6 x spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 x fennel (thinly sliced - mandolin)
- 2 x cucumber (deseeded and thinly sliced)
- 3 x radish (thinly sliced batons - mandolin)
- 2 x long red chilli (finely diced)
- 1/2 bunch mint (leaves picked)
- 1/2 bunch thai basil (leaves picked)
- 1/2 bunch coriander (leaves picked)
- 1 tspn grated ginger
- 4 Tbls rice wine vinegar
- 1 tspn caster sugar
- 1 tspn light soy
- 6 Tbls neutral flavoured oil
- 1/2 Tbls lemon juice
1. Pancakes: Combine eggs, milk and butter and whisk to combine. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and then add to wet ingredients. Whisk until a smooth batter (a few lumps are fine.) Place in fridge for an hour or so.
2. Asian Herb Salad Dressing: Combine ginger, rice wine vinegar, sugar, soy, oil and lemon juice in a container.
3. Asian Herb Salad: Combine fennel, cucumber, radish, herbs and chilli.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 2-3 tbsp of batter to make a thin layer (aim for panckakes 5-6cms in diameter) sprinkle spring onions over pancake. Cook until golden brown underneath and then flip, cooking for a further 30 seconds. Keep pancakes warm in a low over. You should have apporximately 30 pancakes.
5. To serve, thinly slice pork and place on a platter or large board w/ dressed salad, sauces and nuts. Let everyone dig in and build their own pancakes!
Leave a Review
Looks delicious,for sure I will cooking.Thank you for recipe.
I like how you have provided the red braised pork neck recipe and provided a couple of recipe ideas based on this….. these look like a great party dish.
This looks delicious and perfect for a fun dinner party!
This was a hit with the kids!
Love this dish!