Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 4 x kale (center ribs and stems removed),roughly chopped
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 x royal gala apple, cored, cut into cubes
- 20 g pine nuts (toasted)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 Tbls fresh lemon juice (for the dressing)
- 1 tspn wholegrain mustard (for the dressing)
- 2 Tbls olive oil (for the dressing)
- 1 Tbls honey (for the dressing)
1. Rinse quinoa and drain. Soak in 1 1/4 cup of water for 15 minutes, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, wholegrain mustard, olive oil and honey in a bowl until combined. Season with sea salt.
3. Transfer quinoa into a large bowl. Add apples, pine nuts, cranberries and kale. Drizzle with mustard dressing and gently toss. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Quinoa is an ancient grain and a super food that can introduce healthiness into your everyday diet. Enjoy it endlessly as a side to your main meal. it is simply delicious!
Leave a Review
very healthy and delicious.I like it Sarah
Great summer salad