Rated 4.88 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 500 g rice aborio or any rice
- 2 tspn chicken stock powder
- 1/4 tspn turmeric
- 300 g chicken thigh fillets(cut into bite size)
- 200 g white cabbage ( chopped with knife )
- 1 x red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 x green capsicum, cut into strips
- 2 x whole green shallots (chopped )
- 200 g honey cheese cabana (cut into smaller pieces and fry )
- 1 tspn salt and pepper( for seasoning)
- 1 Tbls dry sweet paprika (powder )
- 1/2 cup olive oil ( or any oil )
1)Wash the rice then strain and cook in 1L of water with chicken stock powder and turmeric for 15 minutes, turn off power but leave the saucepan on until the water is absorbed.
2)In a pan heat the oil on medium heat, add the chicken and fry until brown, put it into a bowl. In the same pan fry cabana on a small amount of oil until it is a bit darker then add the paprika, stir and put into a bowl where the chicken is. Add a bit of oil to fry the cabbage, both capsicum and shallots for about 2-3 minutes. Transfer the vegetables into a bowl and add the cooked rice and mix well.Taste and see if anything needs to be added.
3)Transfer the rice into an oven proof dish, sprinkle with half a cup of water, cover and cook in oven on 200 C for 30 minutes. Serve with gherkin or with your favourite vegetable salad.