Rated 4.59 out of 5 based on 11 votes
- 1 x roast chicken
- 2 x mangoes (2cm dice)
- 2 x lebanese cucumbers
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes
- 1 x spanish onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch mint (leaves picked)
- 2 x long red chilli
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 handful salad leaves (baby spinach, rocket etc...)
- 3/4 cups roasted macadamias
- 1 x lime, juiced
- 1 tspn chilli flakes
- 1 tspn caster sugar
- 100 ml olive oil
This is a versatile dish to utilise a roast chicken… works great either as a mid week dinner or as a beautiful salad for a Sunday lunch.
1. Dressing: combine the lime juice, chilli flakes, sugar and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Chicken: carve and segment the chicken. Cut each breast into three pieces. Take thigh away form each leg.
3. Assemble salad by combining remaining ingredients, dress and toss to combine. Serve on a platter with roast chicken pieces placed on top and around the salad.
Leave a Review
I had the pleasure of eating this the other night….. light, fresh, healthy and delicious. Give it a try!
Got some friends coming around for a Sunday lunch…. very keen to give this a try, thanks for the recipe. Love the use of edamame.
The salad looks delicious.For summer time is the best and healthy as well.We love any salad.
I used palm sugar instead of caster as I am not into refined anything as well as replacing the soy with baby braid beans quickly blanched and refreshed …. my salad leaves were mizuma, japanese spinach, corn salad and rocket and the flavours worked well … great lunch sugggestion thnx for the inspiration.
This is the type of food people love to see: fresh, simple and cooked with thought and care. Thank you.
Nice and fresh, and contains no cans of vegetables like a lot of people are doing. Love locavoreites!.
yum what a healthy and delicoius looking salad