Rated 4.55 out of 5 based on 11 votes
- 4 x medium sized beetroots
- 1 x long skinny sweet potato
- 2 x cherry truss tomatoes
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 4 Tbls microplaned parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbls red wine vinegar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tspn lemon zest
- 3 x basil leaves julienned
- 1 x sprig thyme
- 1 handful micro herbs
- 1 cup table salt
- 2 pinches murray river salt flakes
- 1 pinch freshly cracked pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180degrees.
2. Line oven tray with baking paper and pour 4 equal mounds of table salt and top each mound with a beetroot that’s had stalks and roots removed. (Using the salt removes the moisture from the beetroot.)
3. Peel Sweet potato and cut into even 1 cm thick pieces. Place sweet potato and truss tomatoes onto a lined oven tray and drizzle with 2 x Tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of Murray River Salt Flakes. Cook this and beetroots for approx 45 mins.
4. In a bowl, mix Ricotta Cheese, Lemon Zest, Thyme, Murray River Salt Flakes and cracked pepper and set aside.
5. In tablespoon amounts, melt the Parmesan cheese and top equally with the julienned basil. Once the cheese has stopped bubbling and oil has come out, the wafer can be placed on absorbent paper and put aside.
6. Remove roasted vegetables from oven and once beetroot has cooled down, put on some disposable rubber gloves and peel the skins off. Cut 2 beetroots into 1 cm thick pieces. With the other 2 beetroots, use a small melon baller and ball the beetroots.
7. Mix remaining olive oil and red wine vinegar in a bowl and add beetroot pieces and balls and stir around until all is coated. Dip a pastry brush in the vinegar and olive oil juice and paint on plate with a pastry brush.
8. Add one piece of roasted sweet potato then a dessertspoon of ricotta mix. Pat dry the beetroot pieces and add on top and repeat the process.
9. Top with roasted tomato and garnish with some micro herbs. To the side of the plate, add some beetroot balls and lean 2 parmesan wafers against the stack.
Enjoy this entrée which Vegetarians will happen to love as well!
TIP: Work quickly with this entrée so beetroot juice doesn’t bleed into ricotta mix.
Leave a Review
Definitely tomorrow nights dinner! Love a delicious vegetarian dish…
Looks amazing, cant wait to give it a go!
OMG I loved this stack – easy to do
Cheese wafers…. a delcious finish to this dish.
I cooked this for my vegetarian friend and she loved it. Thanks Deborah!