Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 2 kg pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup your favourite bbq sauce (i like anything smokey)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 x hamburger buns (i won't lie, nothing comes as close as those cheap soft white store bought ones)
- 1 Tbls smoked paprika (rub)
- 1 Tbls hot paprika (rub)
- 1 tspn ground cumin (rub)
- 1 tspn garlic powder (rub)
- 1 tspn salt (rub)
- 1 tspn pepper (rub)
- 2 Tbls vegetable oil (rub)
- 1/2 x head cabbage, shredded (coleslaw)
- 3 x carrots, shredded/grated (coleslaw)
- 2 x spring onions, finely sliced (coleslaw) (optional)
- 1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise (coleslaw)
- 1/4 cup greek/natural yoghurt (coleslaw)
- 2 Tbls white wine/cider vinegar (coleslaw)
- 1 Tbls mustard (coleslaw)
- 1 tspn lemon juice (coleslaw)
Pre-heat oven to 150ºc. Rub spices and oil in to a paste and cover the pork roast. Roast in oven for 5-7 hours until tender and falling apart.
Remove pork and place on a board, shred apart with two forks and place in a pot with sauces and beef stock. Add more/less stock if it’s too runny/thick. Bring to a boil then reduce and simmer on a low heat for 1-2 hours; it’s reasonably flexible, whatever suits your time constraints.
Meanwhile, shred cabbage, carrot and spring onions for coleslaw and whisk dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
Toss together coleslaw and serve on top of the sticky sweet pork between two toasted hamburger buns!
Leave a Review
looks perfect for a wintery night