Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 1/2 cup butternut pumpkin cut up and roasted
- 2 handfuls mixed lettuce chopped
- 10 x walnuts crumbled
- 1/4 cup chickpeas canned (store in fridge so they are chilled)
- 2 Tbls sesame seeds
- 2 Tbls pine nuts
- 1/4 cup red quinoa
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup beetroot wedges (store in fridge so they are chilled)
- 1/4 cup • crumbled danish fetta
- 1 x lemon mayo dressing (mix following ingredients together)
- 1/3 cup low fat greek style yoghurt
- 1 tspn dijon mustard
- 1 tspn red wine vinegar
- 1 tspn lemon pepper seasoning
Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
Roast pumpkin on baking paper lined tray in oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn over and continue for another 10-15 minutes. Add pine nuts and sesame seeds for last 3-5 minutes (watch as they burn easy!)
Add quinoa and water to small saucepan and slowly simmer for 10-15 minutes. They will at least double in quantity once water is absorbed. Transfer to small bowl and cool to room temp and place in fridge to chill.
Wash lettuce, chop and add to bowl. Crumble walnuts and add to bowl, add chickpeas. Place bowl in fridge to chill. Once pumpkin is roasted, cool to room temperature and also place in fridge to chill.
Once all food is chilled, it is ready to assemble.
Add 2 heaped tablespoons of quinoa to bowl of salad.
Cut up pumpkin into smaller pieces and add to bowl. Scrape any remaining pine and sesame seeds off tray into salad.
Add 2 tablespoons of dressing to salad and mix together gently.
Transfer salad to plate and scatter fetta and beetroot over top, serve.
(You can add more or less of the above ingredients to suit own taste)