Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 250 ml boiling water – insert 3 rooibos tea bags – allow to brew for 15 minutes
- 125 ml macadamia oil
- 125 ml tomato sauce
- 125 ml chutney
- 30 ml worcestershire sauce
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 Tbls fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tspn hot english mustard
- 1 x medium sized onion chopped
- 1 tspn crushed fresh ginger
- 2 tspn sweet chillie sauce
- 1 Tbls honey
- 0.5 kg good rump steak
- 1 handful fresh carrots, chopped
- 1 punnet fresh asparagus
- 0.25 kg oven baked chuncky chips
Mix all ingredients into a sauce pan, cook over a medium heat until the mixture begins to boil and the onions are soft.
Reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes.
Allow to cool, once cool, apply marinade to rump steak.
Refrigerate for 1 hour before cooking.
Place a frying pan on high heat and cook the steak to your liking.
Once the steak is cooked, allow to rest for a few minutes, quickly place the remaining marinade into the pan and cook using a utensil to loosen any juices that have stuck to the pan during the cooking process.
Cover the steak with the marinade once all pieces of steak are cooked and ready for serving.
Serve with chips that have been oven baked, vegetables in season (or a fresh salad)– this marinade is especially good with carrots and fresh Asparagus.
Take two carrots, peel and cut into rings, boil in water until soft.
Add a dollop of butter and a teaspoon of brown sugar, sprinkle with a little ground cloves and mix well.
Serve with asparagus which has been cooked in salted water.
Leave a Review