Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
- 1 kg rump steaks ( cut into strips )
- 2 x brown onion(finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 - 4 Tbls cornflour
- 1/2 tspn parisian essence
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 L beef stock
- 1-2 cup extra water
- 2 cloves garlic(crushed)
- 2 x fresh green top of shallot (for garnish )
- 1/2 tspn ginger(from jar)
- 1 tspn brown sugar
1) Cut the meat into strips.In pan heat oil on medium heat,add meat and fry until brown.Leave aside.In same pan fry onion on ….bit of oil until brown,add garlic and cook 1/2 min.Return the meat back into pan with onion, pour in Parisian essence,sugar,ginger and stock and cook until meat is tender.
2)If need water,add .In 1/2 cup of water mix cornflour,pour into meat,stir and cook until bubbling.Season and taste.Taste and see,if anything need o be added.
3)I serve with mashed potatoes and come perfect.
Leave a Review