Rated 5 out of 5 based on 6 votes
- 500 g mushrooms, sliced (any type of mushrooms)
- 1 x medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 3 x cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 Tbls rice bran oil or any cooking oil
- 30 g butter
- 2 Tbls chives, chopped
1. Heat oil with butter in a large fry-pan over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer the mushroom into a bowl and set aside.
2. Using the same pan, cook onion on medium heat for 1-2 minutes until translucent then add garlic. Cook for 1 minute until aromatic. Return the mushrooms and chives cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Garnish with parsley. Serve with char-grilled bruschetta or sourdough.
Leave a Review
Your images are always so inviting, something I still need to master.
Thank you, Ser Yem. I practice whenever I can…I love photographing food.
This is a great recipe, I sometimes cook it. I use Nuttelex margarine instead of butter and parsley instead of chives, thats the only difference. Great presentation as usual Sarah!
Sarah that is very delicious side dish.I love it.Thank you for the recipe.
this would work really well with the meatiness of saffron milkcaps. I will keep it in mind next autumn when we forage them again
Love mushrooms, simple yet delicious.