Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 5 x eggs
- 1 1/2 cup self - raising flour
- 1/2 cup instant polenta (or semolina)
- 6 Tbls light sour cream
- 1/2 cup olive oil ( + 3 tbls)
- 1 x onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 150 g baby spinach
- 100 g roasted & chopped capsicum
- 50 g grated carrot
- 150 g light feta cheese
- 2 tspn salt
- 1 pinch black papper
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Prepare medium baking tin, (loaf, muffin or mold pan).
1. Heat 3 Tbls oil in frying pan and sauté onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent (4-5 minutes).
2. Add washed spinach and cook for 30-40 seconds only. Turn heat off and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it to cool down. Meanwhile prepare batter.
3. In a larger bowl, add self raising flour, polenta, eggs, sour cream, remaining oil, 1 1/2 – 2 tspn salt and pinch of pepper. Whisk all ingredients just to combine it together.
4. Add to batter: spinach and onions, capsicum, carrot and crumbled feta cheese. Fold ingredients gently into batter.
5. Pour mixture into prepared baking tin. Bake for 35- 40 minutes on 180 C.
6. Leave bundt in baking mold for 15 minutes, to cool down.
7. Invert it onto a plate.
8. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature with tomato sauce and salad.
* Use light feta cheese as it will not melt during baking, due to low percentage of fat.
* Replace carrot or capsicum with olives, peas, fresh capsicum etc.
* It can be prepared in advance and stored in air tight container.
Leave a Review
Vesna I do similar I add semi-dried tomatoes and always come perfect.
I haven’t but go for it Snjezana, atta flour will not ruin it for sure