Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
- 12 x shortcrust pastry cases
- 12 x qld scallops (no roe)
- 2 x spanish onions
- 100 g danish fetta
- 1 bunch micro herbs
- 1 x balsamic glaze
- 70 g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees.
2. Cut spanish onions in half and slice into medium thick slices.
3. In a heated pan, add 50g of butter. Once melted, add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved and add the onions.
4. Cook the onions until they are softened and set aside.
5. Add the tarts in the oven until warmed through. I ran out of time to make the pastry from scratch but feel free to make your shortcrust pastry (obviously blind baking first for about 10 minutes before adding onion mix and fetta and baking for a further 10 minutes)
6. In a hot pan, add remaining butter and a drizzle of olive oil and cook the scallops for approx 1 minute one side and approx 30 seconds the other side.
7. Assembly time! Remove tart cases from oven and add a spoonful of the onion mix, add some slivered pieces of fetta. Finish on top with a scallop and garnish with some micro-herbs.
8. On a white plate, squeeze some Balsamic glaze in a forward and backward motion and add the scallops tarts on top. Enjoy!
Serves as 12 canape’s or 4 people for an Entree.
Leave a Review
Boy, this gal can cook…yummo )
I haven’t tried these yet, but I know they would be an absolute ‘hit’ as an entree.
These scallops look AMAZING!