Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 3 cups self - raising flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 50 g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- 1 tspn rosemary - chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Makes approx. 12
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease the tray with olive oil.
2. Rub butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the center. Pour milk into the well. Add chives, rosemary, cheese and salt. Use a butter knife to stir gently until soft but sticky.
3.Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until dough just comes together. Press dough into a 2cm thick disc.
4. Use a 5cm round biscuit cutter or pastry cutter to cut out scones. Place scones on the lightly greased tray and brush the top of scones with milk.
5. Bake scones for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with butter.