Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 280 g flour
- 4 tspn baking powder
- 70 g sugar
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 75 g cold butter cut into cubes
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup raisins (or dried blueberries)
- 1 x egg (for brushing)
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
1.Sift the flour and baking powder and place in bowl of food processor.
2. Add the sugar and salt and stir.
3. Add the butter and process about 30 pulses until crumbly mixture is formed.
4. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Creating a hole in the center, add the milk and raisins, and mix mixing minimal hand or a spatula, just until the mixture is incorporated in.
5. Transfer the dough to lightly floured surface and knead lightly 2-3 times.
6. roll the dough till 2cm think.
7. Cut into circles with a 6 cm floured round cutter.
8. Place the scones on a tray with baking sheet on it with gaps between them.
9. Brush the top beaten egg and set aside for 15 minutes.
10. Bake about 10 minutes until golden color.
11. Remove the tray from the overn.
12. Serve hot with whipped cream and jam