Rated 4.55 out of 5 based on 10 votes
- 500 g tuna steaks
- 5 x roma tomatoes
- 1 x eggplant
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tspn chilli oil
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 3 x brown onions
- 1 x small red capsicum
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 tspn butter
- 1 bunch baby asparagus
1. Heat BBQ
1. Dice tomatoes, eggplant, onion and capsicum
2. Simmer butter with onions and crushed garlic
2. Once onions have browned, add tomatoes, eggplant, capsicum and water – bring to the boil
3. Simmer for 20 minutes and let cool
4. Pour contents of saucepan into a food processor. Add chilli and olive oil and blend quickly
5. Steam asparagus. If you don’t have a steamer you can do this in the microwave using a heat resistant container with holes in the bottom – simply place asparagus and 1 tbs of water in the container, put on the lid and heat for 3 minutes on medium.
6. Rub salt and pepper on tuna steaks
7. Spray BBQ with oil
8. Chuck the tuna steaks onto the hot BBQ – sear on each side for 2-3 minutes (depending on how thick the steak is)
9. Place the tuna on a plate with some asparagus and a wedge of lemon, top the steak with the salsa.
Leave a Review
So good! Nice one Annabelle!
Great recipe – Whoever you cook for is a lucky man!
I got to eat it! Delicious! Where did you learn to cook like that Annabelle?
Simple and delicious!
Looks yum! I’ll be trying this one as son as my eggplants start producing fruit!
never ever rub salt or pepper on your tuna fish!
the aubergine salsa is great!