Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
- 1 Tbls butter
- 1 Tbls onion, finely diced
- 1 tspn crushed garlic
- 3 cups fresh quartered mushrooms
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 Tbls worcestershire sauce
- 1 x bay leaf
- 1/4 tspn fresh thyme chopped
- 2 Tbls philadelphia light cooking cream
- 2 tspn cornflour mixed in 2 tbls cold water
1. Melt butter on low heat in saucepan and add chopped onion and crushed garlic and cook gently for about two minutes.
2. Add all other ingredients except for cooking cream.
3. Simmer, until sauce reduces by no more than a quarter of the original level, stirring regularly.
4. Stir in cooking cream and then add cornflour that has already been combined in 2 tbls of cold water.
5. Stir until simmering and thickens, cook for further minute then remove from heat.
6. Remove bay leaf and serve over a fantastic cut of steak.
Leave a Review
Sorry, meant to rate it 5 last time, but something went wrong! Fantastic recipe! My family loved it! Will definitely become regular!