Rated 5 out of 5 based on 8 votes
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 x small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 x medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 x small red chilli, chopped
- 2x400 g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tspn sugar (optional)
- 3 x eggs
- 1/4 tspn caraway seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tspn cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 tspn sweet paprika
- 1/2 tspn ground coriander
- 20 g spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tspn dried chilli flakes (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, until soft and wilted. Add the garlic, capsicum, chilli, the salt, pepper, sugar and spices. Cook for a minute, stirring constantly, to release their fragrance.
2. Add the canned tomatoes and reduce the heat to medium and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the chopped spinach.
3. Make 3 indentations in the sauce. Crack an egg into each indentation, careful not to disturb the yolks.
4. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve with crusty bread.
Leave a Review
that must be very yummy.Sarah I like it.Thank you for the recipe.
You’re welcome, Anna. Thank you.
I cooked this too, it was really good!
Very nice Sarah..
You have to invite me when you make this dish again…so delicious!
As always Sarah, you have another wonderfully creative and tasty recipe! Simply the best!