Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 3 x big red skinned potatoes with skin on
- 1 bunch silverbeet - 2 sliced complete - the rest only the greens
- 1/2 x a middle sized onion - chopped
- 1 x approx 2x3cm piece of fresh ginger - grated
- 3 Tbls yellow mustard seeds
- 3 Tbls black mustard seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic (big ones) - grated
- 1 x mussels beef style stock cube (vegan)
- 1 tspn organic raw sugar
- 1 tspn seasalt
- 3-4 Tbls hot madras curry powder
- 2 Tbls tumeric powder
- 1 x generous splash of coconut cream
- 1 splash of water
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- 1 tspn cummin powder
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup black rice
Start to heat your frying pan and add the mustard seeds.
Roast until fragrant.
Add some sunflower oil to the pan and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Fry for 2 min and add your cubed potatoes. Also add the curry powder and tumeric. Stir well and fry for about 5 min.
Wash and slice your silverbeet and add to the pan — stir well again and fry for 3 min. Add the lemon juice and a bit of water. Don’t add all at once of the silverbeet … do it step by step. When it turns softer, add again. When everything is in the pan, you probably need to add more water. Give it also a good splash of coconut cream — the potatoes should be half covered with fluid. Stir well and add the stock cube. Turn down the heat a bit and let it simmer until the potatoes are done — Prepare your rice before you start the curry — black rice needs approx 40 min until done! So its best to start with the rice and then start the curry. When the potatoes are done, turn off the heat and have a taste. Reseason if neccessary and plate up. ENJOY
Leave a Review
I really like the presentation of this dish!
Thanks so much Carla
Brown rice always healthy.
Yes … and the black rice is great, gives a nice smoky flavour to the rice! I love it