Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 500 g beef rump
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 200 g peeled baby carrots
- 500 g roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbls tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 Tbls beef stock
- 1 Tbls dried basil leaves
- 1 Tbls dries oregano leaves
- 1 Tbls canola oil
- 1 x brown onion sliced
1. Trim excess fat from rump steak. Cut beef into chunks the sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a pan and brown the onion. Add the beef and garlic and brown on all sides.
3. Place the ingredients from the pan into the slow cooker and top with all the other ingredients. Stir through. Cover and cook on Low heat for 6 to 8 hours. By this time the beef should just melt in your mouth .
4. Serve with Pasta Al dente with a little butter or margarine stirred through it and top with fresh basil leaves.
*Note: Browning the meat, onion and garlic isn’t absolutly necessary, but it will make a big difference to the flavour overall.