Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked in water over night)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts (soaked in water over night)
- 3/4 cups nutritional yeast flakes (available at coles and oranic food stores)
- 2 Tbls onion powder
- 1 Tbls garlic powder
- 3 cups plain soy milk
- 2 Tbls generous - dark miso paste
- 3 Tbls agar agar (disolved in a bit of cold water)
- 3 Tbls fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbls liquid smoke or indian smoked paprika
- 2-3 Tbls wasabi paste
- 1-2 tspn black pepper
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 2-3 Tbls black roasted sesame seeds
Soak the nuts over night in water.
Start to add your nuts to your food processor and process until fine grated. Add the yeast flakes and spices and process again. Add a splash of soy milk to make it easier to process.
When ready add the soy milk into a pot and heat slowly.
Add the lemon juice, miso paste (it works better with the paste when you liquid the paste with a bit of soymilk before you add it to the pot), Wasabi, Liquid Smoke and Agar Agar to the milk and bring it for 5 sec to the boil. When ready add to your food processor and process with the nut-mix until smooth and creamy. Prepare your cups or whatever you want to use to form your pate — oil it and add the black sesame seeds and black pepper to the cups. You can roast the sesame seeds before you add it to your cups. Heat a frying pan and add the seeds … roast for 3-5 min, moving the pan constantly to not burn the seeds.
Add the pate paste into the prepared cups and let it cool out — refridgerate over night.