Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 1 1/2 cup self - raising flour
- 1 Tbls mild paprika
- 1 x egg (lightly beaten with fork )
- 375 ml cold beer
- 1 x bottle of oil ( to fry )
- 6 x fish fillets( basa or nile perch )
- 1 pinch chilli powder ( optionial )
- 2 pinches herbs & garlic seasoning ( from iga supermarket )
1)Place flour,paprika,chilli powder,seasoning and egg into bowl,pour beer in and whisk and make nice smooth batter.
2)Cut fish to smaller pieces and dip in batter.
3)Pour oil into large saucepan and heat on high.Fry fish about 3 min.on each side or until golden brown.Use wooden a slotted spoon,when you turn over fish.Transfer the fish on paper towel.
4)Serve with potato chips or your favour vegetable salad.
PS.I am used basa fish and was mouthwatering. Very delicious.
Leave a Review
we call it Orly fish and it really taste nice with freshly caught fish (my boys are fishing often) will try once with paprika
Vesna I cook this fish in this batter first time,but we can use I think any fish yes?
yes off course Anna, any fish will do the job, I hope I’ll find time one day to go through all of your recipes, have a nice day (I am working (