Rated 4.75 out of 5 based on 12 votes
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks or chicken wings
- 1 handful celery (or any veggies you see fit)
- 6 Tbls honey
- 2 handfuls garlic
- 1 handful chillies
- 1 cup oil
- 3 x slice of butter (if you really wanna)
- 1 cup fish sauce (if you feel like it)
- 1 x tray for the oven
The best thing about this recipe is that it is not costly and simple but at the same time it is quite exotic! And you can’t go wrong as long as you stick to step 1, 2, 4 and 7!
1 + 2 + 4 = 7 … Got it?
OK… Let’s do it!
1. Peel and hash (cut into small pieces) the garlic…
(at this stage you can already pre-heat the oven, I should also but I never )
2. Also cut the chilies into small pieces… If you ran out of chilies (like I did this time when I cook it again and took those pictures… or just too lazy), you can use other alternatives, but may be it won’t be the same… I prefer fresh chilies… best!
Hmmmm…. the hard work is all done!
3. Put them chicken drumsticks and chicken wings into the tray (for the oven), spread them out well….
4. Put some cooking oil, then sprinkle all the garlics and the chilies you had prepared in step 1 and 2 on top… Doesn’t need to be perfect here
5. Put in the oven, turn it on (I don’t use fan and put 180 ~ 200 ℃ to start with)
6. I turn the drumsticks (and the wings) up side down every 15 minutes. After I turned it the first time, I put 3 slices of butter on top and leave it for another 15 minutes. I just love looking at the butter melted and blend well into the whole thing! You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to You can also put some fish sauce now if you want
7. Now is the interesting part… After this 15 minutes wait, I turn them around and this time I put on some honey.
The best is to spread a thin layer on top of the whole thing. This will give the final ‘product’ a ‘special exotic spicy but sweet taste’ and give a beautiful colour.
I would wait another 15 minutes … probably dancing in the kitchen (well… with or without the chicken)….
Oops I forgot to cut the Celery… but anyway…. the best thing about those 15-minute-breaks is that you can do something else in between! So I will cut those Celery now!
8. Turn the chicken drums (and wings) over again, apply some more honey on the other side.
9. When it is well cooked, take it out and put on some veggies that you like to have with. You can have from cucumber to coriander. This time I used Celery.
“Honey!… Where is the Chicken??”
“Well… here is your Chicken Honey!”
Well actually it’s ‘Spicey Honey Chicken’ !!! ^_^
Chúc ăn ngon!
Leave a Review
LOOKS VERY NICE
Haha, great, fun recipe. And of course I feel like butter and fish sauce! Nothing better than salty, sweet and spicy al mixed into one. Thanks!
this looks pretty good to me. will be making this for sure
Love the colour! I guess the flavour is pretty good too!!
Can’t wait to try this recipe!!! Looks delicious