Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1 cup split red lentils (washed and drained)
- 1.75 cups vegetable stock
- 1-2 Tbls curry powder
- 2 x onions ( finely chopped)
- 1-2 Tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tspn crushed chilli or powder (optional)
Fry onions in olive oil until transparent in meduim sized saucepan.
When onions almost cooked add curry powder and mix together and continue cooking onions for another couple of minutes or until onion cooked.
Also add the chilli now (optional) if you want that extra ‘punchy bite’.
Add lentils and stock and simmer on very low heat stirring occasionally until thick & creamy & soft ( approx 10- 15 minutes)
Note: Add extra stock or water in small amounts to prevent sticking or drying if neccesary .
Serve over steamed Brown Or White Rice.
Accompany with as pictured ( optional)
1. Raddiccio salad ( finely chooped raddiccio,carrott, tomato,red onion with a extra virgin olive oil & apple cider vinegar dressing & a pinch of salt)
2. steamed sweet potato & zucchini with a splash of soy sauce & extra virgin olive oil
3. freshly cooked beetroot with blasamic and extra virgin olive oil dressing.
OR SERVE with any salad or vegetables of your choice
Leave a Review
Your salads look great and healthy