Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 2 Tbls rice bran oil or any cooking oil
- 1 x brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves cloves garlic, crushed, peeled, chopped
- 1 Tbls green curry paste or red curry paste
- 750 g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 x large carrots, peeled, thickly cut
- 1 L chicken stock or vegetable stock or water
- 1 tspn dried chilli flakes (optional)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add chilli flakes and curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the sweet potato and carrots. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add stock. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
Blend the soup until smooth. Return to pan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with cream.
Leave a Review
I love this but I like to add more chillies!
nice and delicious.We like it little bit spice .