Rated 3.75 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 8 x thin slices rindless bacon, chopped.
- 500 g baby spinach
- 150 g cream cheese
- 2 x large eggs
- 400 ml double cream
- 1 Tbls freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbls nutmeg
- 100 g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 tspn sunflower oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced small
1. Pre-heat oven to 190′C.
2. Butter a 23cm fluted tart pan.
3. Measure Puff Pastry to fit the pan leaving enough Puff Pastry to hang over the edge of pan.
4. Saute the Bacon, Mushrooms & Garlic in a non-stick frying pan until crisp / lightly browned. Drain on kitchen paper.
5. Place Spinach in a large sauce pan with a pinch of salt and 1 table spoon of water, cover; cook for 4 minutes or until wilted. Drain, squeeze out excess water with your hands. Chop coarsely.
6. Whisk Cream Cheese with the Eggs. Whisk in Cream, Parmesan & Garlic. Season with Salt, Pepper & Nutmeg. Stir in Spinach, Bacon, Mushrooms & Garlic.
7. Pour in the Filling on the Puff Pastry base.
8. Put the Cubed Feta in a bowl & coat with oil. Evenly spread over the quiche.
9. Pinch the overlaying Pastry around the Quiche together for design.
10. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until set & Pastry is Golden Brown.
11. Eat & Enjoy!
Leave a Review
I used ricotta instead, awesome!!!
Ricotta is a very special ingredient!