Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 5 x eggs
- 200 g fresh baby spinach
- 30 g butter
- 3 Tbls self - raising flour
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 250 g light cream cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tbls chives
- 100-150 g roast capsicum (or dried tomato)
- 30 g parmesan cheese
This is a healthy and delicious entrée. It takes 30 minutes to prepare it and yet its inexpensive on budget.
1. Place spinach in boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Drain and place it on paper towel to dry. Squeeze out excess water and cut spinach finely.
2. Preheat oven to 180 C (fan forced) or 200 C.
3. Prepare baking tray, place baking paper and sprinkle 30 g of parmesan cheese over it.
3. Beat egg whites with pinch of salt, until thick foam forms. Put aside.
4. Beat egg yolks, salt, butter and finely cut garlic. Add this mixture in bowl with egg whites. Add spinach and flour and whisk it gently until all ingredients combine.
5. Pour mixture into baking tray, 25×35 cm (spread gently over parmesan) and bake it for 13-15 minutes. Do not over bake it as sponge needs to be moist and soft.
6. Roll the hot sponge up immediately and leave it to cool down.
1. Whisk cream cheese and salt (add salt to your taste) to incorporate some air into cheese.
2. Spread cream equally over the spinach sponge.
3. Sprinkle chives and small cuts of roast capsicum.
4. Roll it up tightly and wrap with cling wrap. Leave in fridge until time to serve.
5. No need to decorate rolls as parmesan will form nice crust.
Leave a Review
Delicious and healthy as well.I make similar.
you are right Snjezana, there are many options to adapt this recipe to personal taste, sometimes I put salmon as well or sun dried tomato,depends on who I have to feed, ciao bella