Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 200 g green beans
- 2 x garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 tspn ginger, grated
- 1 tspn chilli flakes
- 1/4 x onion, finely diced
- 1/4 tspn cumin powder
- 1/4 tspn turmeric powder
- 1 tspn dried maldive fish (optional)
- 1 Tbls oil
This simple bean curry can be served along side your favourite curry, or with a simple piece of fish or even on its own as a vegetarian meal with steamed rice.
1. Slice the end off the beans and cut into inch size pieces.
2. Combine all of the ingredients (except for the oil, water and coconut cream) in a bowl with the beans and toss to coat the beans.
3. Heat the oil in a pan or wok, get it nice and hot and all you want to do it stir fry the beans and ingredients quickly for about 2 minutes.
4. Add a splash of water and a splash of coconut cream and season well. simmer for about minutes until the beans are slightly tender but still have a crunch to them.
*You can get dried Maldive fish from a good curry store or an Asian grocer. But still, optional.