Rated 4.45 out of 5 based on 11 votes
- 1 1/2 cup chicken curry meat plus a bit of the gravy
- 6 x roti's or parathas
- 2 x onions, cut into wedges
- 2 x green chilli
- 2 x spring onions
- 4 x garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 x carrot, grated
- 2 x eggs, whisked
- 1/2 tspn chilli flakes
- 1/2 tspn curry powder
- 1/2 tspn cumin powder
1. Make a curry with the meat of you choice (I have used chicken here, but this recipe will work well with beef or lamb also) You could use any curry paste I suppose, but if you can try and get yourself a really good and authentic Sri Lankan curry paste.
2. Cook you roti/ parathas as directed on the pack… Usually just fry them with no oil in the pan for 1-2 minutes on each side till golden.
3.Then slice them up into squares or chunks, doesn’t have to be perfect.
4. Next stir fry off you onion, garlic, chilli. spring onion, carrots for a few minutes till the onion has softened slightly. Now add in the spices and fry them off.
5.Then move over the veg to one side of the pan and slide in your 2 eggs and scramble them, which shall only take a minute.
6.Now add in your curry meat and a bit of the gravy.
and lastly add the chopped roti/ parathas and toss for a few minutes until everything is well combined.
7.Season with salt and pepper to your liking and also a few lime wedges as well….
Leave a Review
2 Thumbs up X
I tried it with chicken today .
probably I am a bad cook it tasted terrible
Wow, harsh Hannu…. Yeah your probably just a bad cook! =/ Because this dish is delicious, maybe just not to your taste..