Rated 4.33 out of 5 based on 6 votes
- 5 x egg whites [70g eggs]
- 3/4 cups caster sugar + 2tbls extra
- 1 tspn white vinegar
- 1 Tbls corn flour
- 250g x mascarpone cheese
- 100ml x thickened cream
- 1/2 x vanilla bean- stripped of pods
- 1 each of x fresh raspberries/strawberries/blueberries
- 2 x fresh passionfruit-pulp removed
- 1 x star fruit[carambola]
Whip the cream until soft peaks form,then add the mascarpone,lemon zest & vanilla until thickened- mix through 2tbls caster sugar and set aside covered in the fridge.
Preheat oven to 160°c.
Line a cookie tray [35x25] with silicone/greaseproof paper, set aside.
1. Beat the egg whites first in a mixer on high until soft peaks form.Then add 3/4 cup of caster sugar, 1tbls at a time.
2. Once the mixture is thick add the vinegar and corn flour.
3. Continue to mix for another 1-2 mins
4. With a large spatula blade, spread the mixture over the entire base of tray, leaving 1cm between the edge of the tray and the mixture.
5. Bake for 18-20mins,or until lightly coloured.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray.
7. Once cooled, place two large pieces of cling film on the bench and sprinkle with caster sugar.
8. Invert the pav onto the cling film and cover with the cream filling but reserving 3tbls for the top.
9. Using the cling film, slowly begin to roll the entire pav until you have formed it like a giant Swiss roll.
10. Transfer to a serving platter and cover with the reserved cream,top with berries,kiwi fruit,starfruit, and mint leaves.Dust liberally with icing sugar just before serving.
Enjoy!! © THE MERCHANT GOURMET/2010
Leave a Review
Looks delicious Anna!
What a beautiful looking pav! YUM
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! What a beautiful combo and presentation.
Thank you for this recipe. I made it for Christmas Day. It was delicious!!