Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 3/4 cups chopped pitted dates
- 150 g butter
- 4 Tbls golden syrup
- 1/2 Tbls baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup flour (plain)
- 1 1/14 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cups tightly packed brown sugar
- 2 x eggs
- 2 tspn vanilla essence
- 40 g butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbls full cream milk
- 2/3 cups icing mixture
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Line two oven trays with baking paper
2. Combine chopped dates, butter and syrup in a medium saucepan. Heat together over medium heat until butter is boiling. Add in baking soda. Remove from heat. The dates should be soft
3. Once mixture is lukewarm, mix in eggs and essence until well combined.
4. Place butter mixture in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth or very slightly chunky.
5. Combine oats, sifted flour and sugar in a large bowl. Gently, pour in butter mixture while continually stirring.
6. Mix until well combined. Roll together heaped tablespoons of cookie dough and place on baking trays, 5cm apart. Flatten to approximately 1 cm thickness
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden (mine were done in 15 so watch out)
8. Cool on trays for 5-10 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack
9. Box and store in an airtight container.
10. Icing: Combine sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan over low heat and stir until mixed through and sugar has dissolved (approximately 2 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in icing sugar. Wrap saucepan top in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes to thicken slightly. Pipe or drizzle using a small nozzle over cooled cookies.
11. They will turn softer when the icing is put inside.